I heard the stories of the iPhone 5 loaded with some cool new features like video chat on 3g and 4g with no restriction to WiFi. Face recognition and extreme downloading. There has been mention of AT&T lagging on restrictions like Google Voice and Skype and not being able to video chat unless your connected to WiFi. Hate to burst your bubble but I’m able to do all those things thru AT&T with no problem without WiFi. As always it’s a battle of the smart phones and who’s carrier is best. Since I have both carriers I really can’t tell you which I think is best. They both have their pros and cons. It’s just a matter of what you prefer in a phone and carrier.
If you’re a developer or just want to try something different you can try Jail Breaking which usually comes with Cydia which is the app for jail broken phones. Most items on Cydia are free such as applications, ringtones, and even iphone themes! Winterboard is part of the download, and it very easily add’s the changes to your phone so you don’t have to figure how to do it on your own…it’s made for the novice.
A few features of iPhone 5:
- Thinner! With shiny glass back piece – 9.3 mm thick
- Face Recognition SecurityFace Time (Video Chat) access on 3G AND 4G (available currently but only on 3G)
- Custom SMS tones
- Custom E-mail alerts with ability to assign different tones to each email address
- A new, sleeker body design
- OLED screen
- Scratch proof and shatter proof screen
- Wireless sync with iTunes
- 32G (basic) and 64G of memory
- Extended battery life = 14 hours talk time on 3G and 7 hours on 4G
- Standby 600 hours
- Hi Definition audio
- Messaging indicator light
- True GPS built in
So now that you know more what are you thoughts? Are you going to save your pennies to buy the iPhone 5 for mid year or jump on the Verizon bandwagon Feb. 10th?
Check out the live blog on Gizmodo right here.